Scroll to Top
Did you know … ?
- Baby Face Nelson tended bar at a German Beer Garden, the Walhalla, during prohibition.
- Robin Williams was a busboy at this local restaurant, the Trident, which had the world’s top bands and comedians in their “Fern Bar.”
- Sally Stanford, a former brothel owner, was our mayor and jokingly named her dog after a famous university.
- Janis Joplin lived on Bridgeway, right in the middle of town and parked her colorfully painted Porsche in front.
- Films such as The Lady From Shanghai with Rita Hayworth and Orson Wells & Woody Allen’s Play it Again Sam were shot here.
- Jack London was inspired by Sausalito when he wrote his novel “Sea Wolf.”
- All of Sausalito was once purchased for $440,000.
- Can you hum that Sausalito song with the lyrics, “Sittin’ on the dock of the Bay, watching the tide go away…? Who sang it?